divendres, 10 de febrer del 2012

It has happened again

It has happened again this morning: it was 9:00 with an air temperature of -3ºC. The pond was frozen. In the area were they prefer to stay when they are active, with thinner ice because of the sun shining for longer, one of the turtles was watching me from below. As I left feeling the chill of the morning in the face, I thought of the turtle moving under there, in icy water.




I could even recognize it: it was the female


In the midday I have seen them again. It has been a sunny day. In the shadow it was chilly (9ºC), but in the spot of the pond where the sun shines for longer, the ice had melted and I have seen them with the head out of the water.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

Nota: Només un membre d'aquest blog pot publicar entrades.